Monday, September 18, 2006

Marc by Marc Jacobs

While not as breathtakingly esoteric or forward-thinking as his main line, many of the looks from the Marc by Marc Jacobs S/S '07 collection are extremely cute and wearable, especially for the intellectual student type. He even introduced some interesting color- such as seafoam green and mustard yellow- for those who want to stand out in the inevitable sea of white this spring.


I absolutely love everything about this jacket. The dark navy color is perfect for rainy spring days when something brighter may not seem appropriate, and I love that even the buttons are the same color. The structure is beautiful, and the cropped sleeves and peter pan collar combination is adorable.





OK, this look is just too adorable. I really like the grey t-shirt that has stripes only at the top. And while I'm not a huge fan of the color purple, something about this plaid skirt is really really cute. The whole outfit just has an intellectual quality; I imagine the girl who wears it as someone who is interested in fashion, but wants to appear above it all at the same time.


Lastly, I love the ease of this drop-waisted dress. I still haven't quite gotten over grey, so naturally I love the color. The pleats, the pockets, the fabric: it's simply a great piece that you can throw on in a hurry and look effortlessly cool. And who doesn't want that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home